Friday, August 6, 2010
2. Goats do not have upper front teeth.
3. More than 20 million meteoroides enter Earth's atmosphere every day.
4. Each day, upto 150 species of life become extinct.
5. The penguin is the only bird that can swim, but cannot fly.
6. There are more than 1,000 chemicals in a fup of coffee. Of these, only 26 have been tested, and half caused cancer in rats.
7. The word ' gymnasium ' comes from the Greek word gymnazein which means 'to exercise naked'.
8. Babies start dreaming even before they're born.
9. According to scientifuc studies, a rat's performance in a maze can be improved by playing music written by Mozart .
10. over 10,000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
2. In India, people are legally allowed to marry a dog.
3. Sheep can recognize other sheep from pictures.
4. Farmers in England are required by law to provide their pigs with toys.
5. A recent study at arvard has shown that eating chocolate can actually help you live longer.
6. Women who are romance novel readers are reported to make love 74% more often with their partners than women who do not read romance novels.
7. Each nostril of a human being register smell in a different way. Smells that are made from the right nostril are more pleasant than the left.
8. During a typical human life span, the human heart will beat approximately 2.5 billin times.
9. New Zealand is the first country to allow women to vote.
10. It takes eight and a half minutes for light to get from the sun to earth.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
1. No piece of normal-size paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
2. Blueberry juice boosts memory.
3. When cats are happy or pleased, they squeeze their eyes shut.
4. The elephant is the only animal with 4 knees.
5. We, as humans, forget 90% of our dreams.
6. Approximately two-thirds of people tip their head to the right when they kiss.
7. Just days before the World Cup of 1966 in England, the trophy was stolen and then later retrieved by a dog
8. Some Chinese believe that swinging the arms cures headaches.
9. Coffee drinkers have more sex than non-coffee drinkers. They also enjoy it more.
10. A queen bee lays 1500 eggs a day.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
1.Eggplants aren’t vegetables, they’re really fruits
2.Real diamonds can be made from peanut butter
3.Donkeys are commonly used by the Iraqi Military to launch rockets
4. In West Virginia , if you run over an animal, you can legally take it home and cook it for dinner.
5. A can't empty its stomach by vomitting. To empty its stomach contents, a frog throws up it's stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of it's mouth. Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out all of the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.
6. In ancient Rome it was considered a sign of leadership to be born with a crooked nose.
7. It snowed in the Sahara desert on February 18, 1979.
8. 6% of men propose over the telephone!
9. Coffee drinkers have sex more frequently than non-coffee drinkers.
10. The great warrior Ghengis Khan died in bed while having sex.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
1.There are so many chickens on earth as there are humans.
2.Mosquitos are more attracted to the color blue than any other color.
3.Kangaroos can't walk backwards.
4.Koalas and humans are the only animals that have finger prints.
5.Octupos have three hearts.
6.If you ate too much carrots, you would turn orange.
7.Most cats are left pawed.
8.An eyeball weighs about 1 ounce.
9.Rain has never been recorded in some parts of the Atacama Desert in Chile.
10.Sharks can live uo to 100 years.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
1. Most lipsticks contain fish scales. The ingredient is what they call pearl essence. It's the silvery stuff found in fish scales that's used to make them shimmery. Pearl essence is obtained primarily from herring and is one of many by-products of large-scale commercial fish processing.
2. Elephants, lions, and camels roamed Alaska 12,000 years ago.During the Pleistocene epoch (from 1.8 million to 10,000 years ago) all of these creatures roamed the grassy steppes that would later become the boreal forests of Interior Alaska.
3. A kangaroo cannot jump if its tail is off the ground.A kangaroo's tail helps it to bound and spring up from the ground and is also important for their balance.
4. Some lions mate over 50 times a day. Just i bet that many people would have prayed they were a lion.
5. Research indicates that babies who suck on pacifiers are more prone to ear aches. Poor little baby.
6. Chocolate aids in helping milk digest easier for people with lactose intolerant. Chocolates are easily digested so if it will be taken with milk in small amount, basically the milk will also break down but in limited ability.
7. A snail can sleep for three (3) years. They are hibernating and would only wake up if the climate is suitable for them.
8. Bill Gates' house was designed using a Macintosh computer. Yes it's true!
9. The earth is approx. 6,588,000,000,000,000,000 tons. What a big WOW!
10. Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different. If you are investigating a crime scene, you may want to try to check for any licking.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
I was thinking of posting a maximum of ten fun facts starting today so that it wont be that difficult for the reader to comprehend the new information that they'll learn. So for a start, here is the top 10 of the day!
1. No one knows where Mozart was buried. Eventhough it has been reported that he was buried in a common grave in accordance with contemporary Viennese custom, at the St Marx cemetery outside the city, it was not proven as there were no mourners attended.
2.The can opener was invented 48 yrs after the can was invented. Just imagine how did the people before get to eat what's inside the can when the opener hasn't invented yet.
3.An iceberg contains more heat than a lit of match. So basically,iceberg can be a substitute to lit a cigar.
4.Goldfish remember better in cold water than warm water. If you will scold your goldfish,put her first in a cold water so that she won't have difficulty time remembering your sermons.
5.Women have a slightly higher IQ than men. No doubt!
6.China has more English speakers than U.S.. That's kinda weird huh!
7.The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal. Bet it was already too late when they used it.
8. Rats can tell the difference between two human languages. I guess the rat spoke to human telling that they can do it. That's kinda creepy!
9.Hyenas regularly eat the feces of other animals. They may be as funny as they laugh but they are disgusting in some way!
10."Vodka" is Russian for " little water". This is a little water with a big effect to the drinkers!cheers!!